I am a pen and ink artist and work on paper primarily depicting strange figurative characters. I use these characters as a means to illustrate my perceptions about the world around me. The themes I tend to focus on are isolation, horror and a subversion of classic folk tale iconographies. My main influences are Edward Gorey, Remi Wyart, Laurie Lipton and the Pop Surrealist movement as a whole. I am passionate about drawing and creating of any kind and wish to keep expanding on the work I create in as many different mediums as possible.
I have worked for Revolution Games as a Layout Designer and illustrated a children’s book titled “The Fearsome Creatures of the Lumberwoods” with Workman Publishing in New York. Most recently I was invited to participate in a narrative illustration project run by Aardman Animation and the British Council of India titled “Saptan Stories”.
My focus has been my character design and I have shown my work in galleries around the world including Auguste Clown gallery in Melbourne, Last Rites in New York City and Giant Robot in Los Angeles. I won a design award in 2015 for my “Masters of Malt: Quinine Gin” bottle label and also received a runner up award in the “Drinks Business Awards 2016”.
My work has also been featured in Bristol’s art publications, including on the front cover of Bristol Magazine in 2012 and as “artist of the month” in Bristol 24/7 magazine twice in 2016. I was filmed drawing by BBC Trending in October 2016 and have been represented by and produced exhibitions for Antlers, View Art and Fine Grime Galleries in Bristol.
I am originally from Cornwall and am a part of the Howl Projects and Fish Factory Art Space (“Fish Factory”) where I help with events, take part in art shows and create large murals. With the Fish Factory I have travelled to Iceland to take part in an art residency and also to Cape Town, South Africa where I was the “Artist in Residence” at Side Street Studios for two months.
CLIENT LIST - Aardman Animations, British council of India, Workman publishing NYC, Latitude festival, Revolution games, Oxford University press, Atom supplies, Masters of Malt, Gallimaufry restaurant, Event bars, NY Media works, Crack Magazine. (Testimonials available on request.)
- ‘Post it 13’ - Giant Robot, LosAngeles, 2017
- ‘Howl projects doomed show’ – Dalston, London, 2015
- 'Latitude festival 2015 live drawing' – Latitude festival 2015
- 'Howl projects group show' - Somas Gallery, Berlin, Germany, 2014
- 'Howl projects pop up show' - Lemoart gallery, Berlin, Germany, 2014
- 'Howl projects pop up show' - Berlin, Germany, 2014
- 'The Bees knees' - Alexi Era Gallery, St Louis, Washington state USA, 2013
- '13th Hour Group Show' - Last Rites Gallery, New York City, USA, 2012
- 'Runaway Circus' - Auguste Clown Gallery, Melbourne, Australia, 2012
- 'The Ballad of Molly Woad' - Fine Grime Gallery, Bath, 2012
- 'Amalgamation' - View Art Gallery, Bristol, 2012
- 'Winter' - Antlers Gallery, Bristol, 2011
- 'Anatomy'- Antlers Gallery, Bristol, 2011
- 'Agile Rabbit' - Fine Grime Gallery, Bath, 2011
- 'Inside out' - Royal West of England Academy of Art, Bristol, 2011
- 'Jamaica Street Open Studios' - Jamaica street studios annual show, 2010-2016
- 'Red, Yellow, Blue' - St Georges, Bristol, 2010
- 'Grotesques' - Antlers Gallery, Bristol, 2010
- 'Dark Suits' (solo show) - Antlers Gallery, Bristol, 2011
- Affordable Art Fair, Bristol, 2012
- Palace Art Fair, London, 2011
- Affordable Art Fair, London, 2011
- Tribe magazine (Europe 2013)
- Open Doors magazine (London 2013)
- Lamono Magazine 4 page centre spread – June 2012 (Spain)
- Bristol Magazine front cover - Feb 2012 (U.K)
- Crack magazine - Issue 12 U.K
- Ammo Magazine - Special edition - (U.K)
- Aqueduct press book cover - (U.S)
- Cascadia subduction zone magazine - (U.S)
- Helicon arts magazine - (U.K)
- Eyezine Magazine
- Nothing of Me is Original Blog
ART FAIRS (2011-2013)
- Affordable Art Fair, Bristol
- Palace Art Fair, London
- AAF, London
- V & A Museum - 'Friday late' - Exhibition of character work, playable game + video projection.
- BBC Trending 2016 - Live broadcast of drawing (20,000 views+)
- Jacksons open art prize 2016 - Shortlisted out of 3100 entries.
- EGX Birmingham 2016 - Selected for the 'Leftfield collection'
- Bristol 24/7 magazine October 2016 'Artist of the month'
- 'Master (highest accolade) - Global Design Masters
- 'Runner up, best design & packaging'- Spirits category. - 2016 Drinks Business awards
- Bristol Brunel Academy, Paragon school, Warmley school (2014 and 2015)
- Side street studios artist in residence, Cape Town, South Africa, March 19th - May 26th 2016
- Fish Factory art residency, Stöðvarfjörður, East Iceland. June 28th - July 17th 2016
INTERVIEWS & MENTIONS:-
Juxtapoz magazine, Empty Kingdom, Bulkka NYC, Spanky Stokes, Rock, Paper, Shotgun, Who killed Bambi?, Animation Pagoda, Phoenix FM radio, Paragon school, Watershed, Escape into Life, Howl projects,The Mercentile London, Lost at E Minor, Crack Magazine, Artist says, Coilhouse, Bristol Magazine, Bristol 24/7 magazine, Clutter magazine, Creative bloq, Nothing of Me is Original Blog, Oh So Surreal, D4, 411 posters, Tomopop, Vinyl pulse, Kid robot, Photo art mag, Plastic & Plush, VTSS toys, Lowbrownie, Streets of beige